(urth) My eyes!

Dayton Williams lord_dimwit at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:55:47 PST 2005

... So.  About a week ago I finished Book of the New Sun.  Absolutely adored
the books.  Wolfe does more in 20-30 pages or so with Typhon, than other
authors (*cough* *cough* Robert Jordan *cough*) have accomplished in
long-running series.

After I was done, I couldn't help but feel that, even though I understood
most of what happened, I didn't really get any of it.  So I poked around the
'net for more information on the series, and I find this ML.  And ... well
... I can't make much more sense out of the discussions going on here than I
could out of the books ¬_¬ (and besides, there're spoilers for books I
haven't read yet).

Not that I imagine Wolfe's readership overlaps with anime fandom much, but
Wolfe is like throwing Kino's Journeys and The Big O into the blender.  My
eyes!  My eyes!  Aaaaaaah~

:D

... Is there a FAQ or something on BotNS I can read?