(urth) Newbie - a theory and some questions.

maru marudubshinki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:38:25 PST 2005

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:

> This is a good example of the kind of thing you have to glerk from
>
>context in Wolfe - he gives you the pieces, but you have to assemble
>the puzzle yourself.
>
>Erebus and Abaia are both huge alien(?) beings -- the sort of thing that
>Baldanders may become in time - who play chess with humans as
>pieces. Erebus lives at the South Pole, near the mountain of the same
>name; Abaia lives under the sea. There is a third, if you can catch the
>name.
>
>Welcome aboard.
>
>--Dan'l (Blattid)

What makes you think Erebus/Abaia are aliens (cacogens)?
Is it just because Baldanders seems to be like them, and non-human
(which would explain why the cacogens take such trouble to teach him.)?

That said,: There was a third!?!

~Maru
Looks like I'll be re-reading it; makes me glad I dropped the money and
actually bought'em,
as is not my wont.