(urth) Who's in Oreb

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:17:18 PDT 2005

On 6/24/05, James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm referring the time when Silk first bought Oreb. As you recall,
> Oreb died just before Silk could sacrifice it, and then was
> inexplicably resurrected. Since *someone* was possessing that
> bird [...]

That's rather a large assumption. There is only one known-for-sure
example of a god of Mainframe possessing an animal (Scylla-in-
Oreb, forsooth and fershoor), and that was in extreme circumstances.
Pas at this time was _already_ shattered and scattered, and, while
Kypris was not, nothing in her early encounter with Silk suggests
that she was in particular fear at that time.

Is there any reason to suppose that Oreb was possessed, rather
than, say, playing dead?

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila