Fw: Re: (urth) Severian's skin color

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 08:40:14 PDT 2005

>>If Roy Lackey and Blattid are correct in their posts that Silk is a clone
>>of Typhon, then he would carry Typhon's very face back to the Whorl
>>to meet Severian. As appealing as that would be to me. I don't believe it.

>I find this theory appealing, for very much the reason you show
>-- Typhon is very concerned about "the face of command," which
>is why he wants a full-head transplant rather than a brain transplant

Well, I didn't intend to pin this tail on you. I only referred to you and Roy
because in the post Chris cited, y'all were, at the time, putting it forward.
Actually, I also find the concept very appealing as I said. I probably have 2
dozen reasons for wanting it as an explanation for what is going on. But alas.

However, I think you are right about Typhon's interest in his own face in that
Typhon or Pas *did* intend for Typhon's face to lead the colonists. But Echidna
& Co and the Ayuntamiento spoiled it by knocking off Pas and Tussah.

~ Crush