(urth) The Wizard - questions -- answers (spoiler)

Russell Wodell wrustle at telus.net
Mon Jan 3 19:18:58 PST 2005

What would be Sir Garvaon's motive for killing Gilling? (Rhyme
unintentional) And why would Wolfe conceal this for so long?

For this and other reasons, I am fairly certain that Iddn is the murderer.
She agreed to marry Gilling to achieve power, which she maintains with her
army of giantesses, but killed him because sexual congress would mean her
death either in coitus or in giving birth to a giant, as Wolfe makes
gruesomely explicit.

If I'm right, this further underlines the increasing strain of misogyny in
late Wolfe...

Russell