(urth) The Wizard - questions

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 12:35:44 PST 2005

>Also, if you look back to
>The Knight, you will find that Michael goes to
>Aelfrice in quest of "that far-famed knight, Sir Able
>of the High Heart." At the end of The Wizard, when
>Sir Able reports that Michael has come for him, that
>is the end of the journey that Michael interrupted
>briefly beside the pool in Mythgarthr.   It is clear
>from the beginning of The Wizard Knight that the book
>(letter to Ben) is being written from Aelfrice.

Umm...yes, I agree. Michael goes to Aelfrice to find Able of the High Heart
and that is where he finds him...at the end of the story. He goes in search
of him there even though He is talking to Able at the pool...ergo, the Able
that Michael is seeking does not exist until the end of the novel. I think
we agree on this, no?

It seemed obvious to me that Able and Disiri were on their way to Kleo when
Michael arrives to fetch them. But if you can point out a more likely
location, I'd be interested to hear of it.

~ Crush