(urth) Maru

Jim Raylor rjraylor at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 14:47:12 PST 2005

Ode to Joy

Io advised me that the song 'Ode to Joy' is written
for her and just because I hear it when I read GW,
doesn't mean it's really there.
A song of Joy for love and understanding? I'm doing
this without Google... his 5th was easier to find... a
prisoner tapped it out in a nearby cell.
'the owlet whoops' an ode to joy.

Ok again without google

Let's start with a storm at sea... monstrous
servants... I don't know Shakespeare well but I think
M Million is Robbie the Robot in Forbidden Planet...
amongst other things.

Jung

Archetypical symbols... like a lintel or a wing... no
trace of that here...

Buckminster fuller...

...again without googling
I should learn more about architecture as it is a
major feature of this book.
Fuller I associate with geodesic domes and I have not
looked for those yet.
GW would not have known about bucky-balls, but I will
be surprised if I get beyond his depiction of William
Morris' wallpaper pattern 'Willow Bough' on the first
pages before I find more evidence of his interest in
tesselated structures.
Will a library with a domed roof do?

Gandhi

Peaceful resistance... stuff like this is most evident
in 'A Story'
Why don't they fight back?

GW hides the stories of women, children, minorities,
animals, etc. as openly as he can!