(urth) SciFi politics

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 15:24:13 PST 2005

I am undecided on the supply-side economics bit, but I did not think that
the gun-ownership bit was clumsily inserted either; it's quite to the point
and a real concern in the particular political situation Silk found himself
in. And ultimately it seemed to me like Silk's position on guns, at that
point, was largely a matter of political pragmatism rather than universal
principle. To me, the issue there wasn't "gun control" but rather the
distribution of power to individuals in an unstable, revolutionary
atmosphere.

I am not sure that Wolfe could even have realistically avoided the subject.