(FWD) Re: (urth) The Wizard - questions -- answers (spoiler)

harlekin at earthlink.net harlekin at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 11:58:06 PST 2005

"I'm not sure that Garvaon's sacrifice would have been
appreciated by Idnn had she known of it.  In fact, I'm
pretty confident she would find it reprehensible and
offensive."

That's the point.  Garvaon gets no benefit from his action.  It's a sacrifice of honor on his part.  Thus it is selfish and selfless at the same time.  Garvaon's death is a gift to him so he won't have to live with his shame, not an act of redemption.  His place is skai was assured, IMO.

Don