(urth) The Wizard - questions

David Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Mon Jan 3 07:56:50 PST 2005

> How does Parka fit into the Norse scheme?  Parcae is the Roman name fot
the Fates;
> is Wolfe just shoehorning her in as an amalgam of the three?  Does she
share
> characteristics with anyone else (i.e., the Virgin Mary) that I didn't
pick up on?

I believe Parka is referred to in the second book as coming from a higher
plane than Skai. The only other being we meet from a higher plane is
Michael, who is from the Christian (i.e., Greco-Roman influenced) tradition.
So Parcae as a Roman Fate isn't too outlandish.

-- Dave, aka Vizcacha