(urth) The Wizard - questions

Nathan Spears spearofsolomon at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 07:46:28 PST 2005

> - What did Able say to Lothur to change the "sons of the Dragon" enemies to
> "Lothurling" allies? Presumably it had to with a revelation o Able's slaying
> of Grengarm (the "Dragon") and Lothur taking over the role of tutelary
> deity.

I'd like to know this as well, but I also feel that Smiler was a little too deux ex
machina.  Is there something about that character that I don't know?  Why is it
significant that he is The Dragon Prince, and that The Dragon is Grengarm?

How does Parka fit into the Norse scheme?  Parcae is the Roman name fot the Fates;
is Wolfe just shoehorning her in as an amalgam of the three?  Does she share
characteristics with anyone else (i.e., the Virgin Mary) that I didn't pick up on?

How many times, and in which worlds, does Able die?  It's already been said that
Able dies fighting Grengarm, and that the Valkyrie coming to get him is proof.  In
what sense does he die, though, and what affect does this have on him?  He's not
disembodied, and he's not invincible.  Morcaine can't control him.  What's going on
with that ambulance?

Speaking of Morcaine, why isn't there any explanation for why she was naked in a
cave in the mountains?

Why does Able tell Org to eat any man he doesn't know?

And, of course, I'd like to know what the last three or so paragraphs are all about.