(urth) 5HC : Skinner, Turing and yet more Laplace

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:04:26 PST 2005

You also have to watch out for time-traveling Nigerian con-artists. "Your
future self says that if you get a letter from the daughter of the Minister
of Finance on a certain day, you should give her your bank information so
that you can become wealthy beyond belief."

Actually when you think about it, the ability to travel in time or predict
the future accurately makes pretty much all problems so trivial that pretty
soon boredom would set in and there would be nothing left to do but mess
with people. Give them a few predictions to prove you know what you're
talking about, and then mess with their heads. Given enough time almost
anyone might succumb.

So, moral of this story, never trust anyone who knows the future, even if
it's a future version of yourself. (Screwing with past versions of yourself
would be the ultimate pastime to put a little danger into your life).
Chances are they're a real jerk.