(urth) 5HC : Skinner, Turing and yet more Laplace

maru marudubshinki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 20:29:23 PST 2005

Seems fairly foolish: such a document could save you tremendous amounts
of trouble.
Instance: what if you read that you were going to spend 30 years
bouncing around
as a penniless bum, deperately unhappy, ill with all sorts of nasty
diseases, when, due
to sheer chance, you discover that it was your reason on Earth, your
raison d'etre, to
become an ink artist.  And then it says you are slated to die of a heart
breaking from joy,
which only happened because in your 30 years on the street you had to
eat a lot of McDonalds.

Wouldn't a youthful version of you want to skip the hellish 30 years and
maybe make something
of yourself as an artist before you die?

~Maru
As a rule, I always obey instructions from future versions of me.