(urth) 5HC : Utopias and tests

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:40:05 PST 2005

The information "in" 5HoC is not at all limited to the explicit data (the
words written on the page); the vast majority is implicated by the text.
Which is not to say that Godel's work is entirely explicit. But we are
talking about two very different ways of writing or using language - one is
tailored to try and be as explicit and rigorous as possible, the other not
so much.

I suspect there is also an inherent problem with calling a work of fiction a
'proposition'; I have some doubts that something can be both at the same
time, because even a false proposition is not exactly fictional.

Also, if 5HoC were intended as a proposition, it would be difficult to
explain why the relations between its elements are so hard to define. Unless
one means to suggest that it's just a really, really lousy proposition.