(urth) Looking for an old fanzine

Fernando Q. Gouvea fqgouvea at colby.edu
Fri Dec 23 14:00:52 PST 2005

I remember, long long ago, a fanzine (perhaps called "Book of Gold") that
published a few issues in which they went through the Latro books (or
perhaps only "Soldier of the Mist") sorting out references and commenting
on source material. A search through my many piles of old stuff wasn't
successful. Does anyone else remember these? I'd love to see those again.

Thanks,

Fernando

Fernando Q. Gouvea
Dept. of Mathematics           Editor, FOCUS and FOCUS Online
Colby College                  http://www.maa.org
5836 Mayflower Hill            Editor, MAA Reviews
Waterville, ME 04901
http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea

Among the mail that comes unbidden to my door is the very extensive
catalog of a Christian bookseller... The front portion was given over
largely to what appeared to be method books for achieving comfortable
intimacy with God. I wonder which God these titles referred to, and
whether the object of their religion might be more efficiently
accomplished by eliminating the byway of Christianity in favor of a
strong drug and a friendly pet.
  -- S. M. Hutchens, in Touchstone, December 2001