(urth) TWK: 7 world cosmology

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:42:47 PST 2005

Are we sure that the banishment is permanent, or could there be some process
of redemption unique to that realm?

I cannot help but think that there is an element of "gathering the sparks"
here. Once you've gathered enough "goodness" on a lower level, when its
concentration reaches a high enough level you can uplift it to the next,
more pure, level. And the inhabitants there are presumably trying to gather
enough to uplift them to an even higher level of purity.

One possible wrinkle to this, though, is that there is a certain atemporal
nature to this whole process. That is, in a sense, the slaying of Ymir is
*always still happening*. The descent and uplift are contemporaneous, and so
from a strictly temporal perspective the inhabitants of Kleos will appear to
be static.