(urth) Honor

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Thu Dec 1 12:10:10 PST 2005

hartshorn wrote:
>Abel was THE GREEN KNIGHT -  the guy who turned up at Camelot and
challenged
>Arthur's knights to the Beheading Game
>
>Gawain was the knight who took up the challenge and lopped off Abel's head.

You are, of course, quite right. And I was staring right at the title of the
story and didn't realize the obvious.

But what was Able's point in telling Leort the story? And how did Able get
from Valhalla to Camelot, if that's the path he took? And if that wasn't the
path, when was Able ever in Camelot? It's not related in TWK. If he was some
sort of Eternal Champion, why was he so ignorant about everything knightly
at the beginning of his career in Mythgarthr?

And how does that possibility color questions about his parentage? To say
nothing of brother Ben.

-Roy