(urth) 5HC (again)

Maru Dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 22:55:16 PDT 2005

As usual, I've been reading through the archives again; I've noticed that
one of the more
popular theories for Fifth Head of Cerberus is that the unnamed family is
surnamed "Wolfe".
I can see the attraction of this, in an novel concerned with identity, and
with the only obvious
clear clue to the surname the statement "the kids called our house "la
maison du chien"" (
to quote from memory) in the first novella. But this has a problem with
solving as Wolfe.
Cerberus is a dog; the three-headed beast is a dog. "Wolfe"=wolfe !=dog !=
Cerberus/three-headed
dog in the front of the mansion.
The archives don't tell me how this difficulty was resolved, if it was, or
even if it ever came up.

~Maru