(urth) Travelin' Jahlee

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Wed Aug 17 07:24:28 PDT 2005

Roy asks:

>Do you also agree, Andrew, that
>she
>traveled by lander between Green and Blue?

Maybe! A difficulty is that in Silkhorn's vision of her attacking
infant Sinew, she seems more like a starving adult than a "little
girl". RTTW p27: "The inhuma came, a bent and haggard figure that
was not a woman ... She recalled Jahlee ... a ragged, painfully
thin figure with famished eyes ..."  It's possible I guess that
Jahlee at the age of less than two (?) could look like that, but

The description makes it seem like she's been hungry for a *long*
time, and really it reminds me of the adult Jahlee, just after
she's been disinterred in Gaon.

Anyway, I need to mull over this some more.

Part of the problem is that Jahlee has every reason to hide or lie
about things which happened around the time of her attack on Sinew.
she surely doesn't want Silkhorn to guess the truth (he has, by the
start of RTTW, but she doesn't know it).