(urth) The eyes of a clone

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Aug 12 12:59:56 PDT 2005

Crush wrote:
>I've been trying to figure out how you have divided the room "full of
>lounging soldiers and armored men" from the room with Chenille, Marble,
>Blood, etc. I've read the scene over and over and it is pretty clear that
>they are one in the same. Perhaps it is different in your edition?

No, it isn't different in any edition. There are two rooms in question here,
the one "full of lounging soldiers and armored men" and the room where the
meeting was held and Blood died. It isn't a matter of opinion. If you need
further elaboration, it exists.

When Marble came to the front door of the house, the door was opened and she
saw that the room it opened on contained "soldiers, and bios in silvered
armor." (CALDE, Tor paperback, 327) Blood was standing behind them. She goes
on to describe the room as "the hall". Following some banter with Blood, who
wanted some privacy, he said to her (next page):
    "You'd probably like to sit. I know I would. Come in here, and I think
we can settle this."
    He showed her into a paneled drawing room and shut the door firmly. "My
boys are getting edgy," he explained, "and that gets me edgy around them."