(urth) Abraham

Nathan Spears spearofsolomon at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 15:21:51 PDT 2005

I'm with you.  But for those who believe in the story literally, or even those who
look to Biblical story as templates for their own actions, the fact that it is
symbolic of later events doesn't change the facts of the almost-sacrifice of Isaac
itself.  In other words, God wouldn't have acted this way, or even told such a
story, in order to simply illustrate a future event.  The actions of the story also
have to be consistent with the way God behaves, right?

Nate