(urth) Death and Destruction

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 09:52:33 PDT 2005

I've been too busy (and still am) to comment on this
thread; but...

It seems to me that a bit of light might be shed on the
whole subject by attending to the Biblical concept, of
_the remnant_. This is a recurring theme throughout:
the idea that though Mankind or Israel sins, and God
chastises, He always brings forth a remnant to carry
on. This applies to the sons of Noah, to the Benjaminites,
to the returnees from the Babylonian Exile, and in smaller
ways to many other things. You find the theme all through
the prophetic books of the Bible.

I suspect strongly that Wolfe has this theme in mind,
though perhaps not consciously.

--Dan'l

--
You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer