(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 4, Issue 19

Iorwerth Thomas iorweththomas at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 05:12:15 PST 2004

>Interesting. This theory (that God is mutable) seems very similar to "Open
>Theism" (the theory that God does not know the future) which has made quite
>a stir in recently certain Evangelical colleges. I didn't know it had an
>earlier iteration.

Yeah, I think it probably had some influence on it - if only because it
shows that alternative ways of thinking of God can be valid

>Can you give more detail in how you think Process Theism is exemplified in
>the Sun cycle?

I'll give it a shot over Christmas - I'll actually have the books with me
once I'm home for the holidays!

Mind you, I'm not convinced that any examples I find will be that
convincing; I'm prone to rather extreme extrapolations from limited
evidence...

Iorwerth