(urth) WolfeWiki

Mo Holkar mo at holkar.net
Wed Feb 23 06:55:52 PST 2022

Dear all,

I'm looking for someone (or someones) to take over ownership and
administation of the WolfeWiki, https://www.wolfewiki.com .

I set this up quite a while back now*, and although there's been some
fantastic stuff contributed over the period, it has generally more
recently got a bit neglected and under-used. I am too busy these days
to do much with it, so I feel like a new pair of hands could make
some quick and good progress in tidying it up, streamlining the
contribution path, encouraging more contributions, updating what
needs updating, filling obvious gaps etc.

The project consists of the domain wolfewiki.com, and some hosting,
on which is installed the wiki software and the contributed material.
I'm happy to hand over ownership of the domain to the new person, and
to send the files once you've set up your own hosting for it. (All
free of charge of course, including however long is left on the
domain registration.)

But -- I'm limited in the amount of handholding etc that I can do
when passing it over. So, you do need to have sufficient technical
capability to be able to yourself pretty much manage the process of
setting it up. This doesn't need you to be an IT whiz -- but it does
need you to be familiar with the ins and outs of how to use web
hosting, how to install software via FTP, maybe a bit of wrangling
with file permissions, etc.

If you're interested, let me know via email, perhaps with a bit of an
outline of your experience with managing this sort of thing.

best wishes,

Mo

*  (looking back, it's nearly 15 years... yikes. It started with a
simple page explaining the names in Soldier of the Mist.)