(urth) [EXTERNAL] Wolfe & Women

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:32:20 PST 2020

If you can't figure out a way to politely tell someone that they are an
idiot who should go jump off a pier, your linguistic skills are sadly
lacking. And that is no excuse for rudeness.

Papa Heinlein, he say: when courtesy goes by the wayside, that civilization
is in decline.

Note also that "civil" and "civilization" are intimately related words.

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes

*Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!*
*--*Tȟašúŋke Witkó

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM Charles Gillingham <
charlesgillingham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Controlling speech is just one step away from controlling thought, which
> is controlling action. Freedom of speech isn't freedom to compliment or
> placate or agree with the majority (or belligerent minority, in this case).
> It's freedom to disagree with authority, to be rude and controversial. But
> sure if you want to be polite when someone tells you to come with them, go
> ahead be as nice as you want.
>
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2020, 8:08 AM Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rick, you got it in one.
>>
>> I'm someone who occasionally says some of those rude things. I'm old
>> enough to remember when it was "normal". But I come down fully on the side
>> of "political correctness", or, as it is properly know, *politeness*.
>>
>> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes
>>
>> *Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!*
>> *--*Tȟašúŋke Witkó
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 4:27 AM Norwood, Frederick Hudson <
>> NORWOODR at mail.etsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> In my experience, people who complain about having to be “politically
>>> correct” are people who want to say rude things and are really complaining
>>> about not being allowed to be rude.
>>>
>>> Rick

>>> them. But I want them, I suppose you could say that. I admire Madame