(urth) Uncaged

Fred Kiesche godelescherbach at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 11:51:37 PDT 2019

And more:

"How to Read Gene Wolfe"

https://www.sfsite.com/fsf/2007/gwng0704.htm

In that fancy Folio Society edition:

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/public/neil-gaiman-gene-wolfe-folio-society/

Quality is bad on the video, but they even rode a merry-go-round together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2k_6zclwTs

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Mo Holkar <mo at holkar.net> wrote:

> Wolfe and Gaiman were good friends, see eg:
> <
> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/may/13/gene-wolfe-hero-neil-gaiman-sf
> >
> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/may/13/gene-wolfe-hero-neil-gaiman-sf
>
> And worked together on A Walking Tour of the Shambles:
> <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Tour-Shambles-Neil-Gaiman/dp/0961035269>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Tour-Shambles-Neil-Gaiman/dp/0961035269
>
> best,
>
> Mo
>

> At 14:49 21/09/2019, you wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I just read Uncaged a story by Wolfe collected in 'Rags and Bones'
> >about a shape shifting lady. It seems a rather straightforward story
> >but maybe it isn't. Neil 'American Gods' Gaiman is one of the
> >collectors. What was his relationship with Gene Wolfe? He acted once
> >the great defender of George 'Winter where art thou' Martin after
> >complaints by fans about the next installment who feared Martin
> >would do a 'Robert Jordan' on them.

F.P. Kiesche III

Husband, Father, Good Cook. Reader. Keeper of abandoned dogs. Does not fit
into a neat box or category. "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square
book. Always, scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester,
on being presented with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman
Empire.) Blogging at Bernal Alpha. On Twitter as @FredKiesche