(urth) Gene Wolfe

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Apr 15 17:18:29 PDT 2019

Very sorry to hear it.  Though having not heard anything in the past
year since he entered a care facility, I cannot say it came entirely as
a shock.

By chance I was shopping for Wolfe books at Amazon this morning when I
heard the bad news.  Picked up a collection I did not have, although I
have read most of the stories in it.  (I received a gift card as a
birthday present, my usual habit is to browse second-hand bookshops and
see what fate brings me.)  Reading some of them now.  Had not read
Forleson, one of my favourites, in a very long time.

- Gerry Quinn

On 16/04/2019 00:52, Ab de Vos wrote:

> What a shock, but his life and work are complete now. I wonder how
> Marc is taking it.
>
> Op 16-4-2019 om 01:33 schreef Jane Delawney:
>> Very sad news. Condolences to his family.
>>
>> JD
>>
>> On 15/04/2019 18:56, aaron wrote:
>>> I just saw this. I can't believe it. I pray for his family.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Fred Kiesche
>>> <godelescherbach at gmail.com <mailto:godelescherbach at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Tor is reporting that Gene Wolfe has passed away.
>>>     --
>>>     F.P. Kiesche III
>>>     Husband, Father, Good Cook. Reader. Keeper of abandoned dogs.
>>>     Does not fit into a neat box or category. "Ah Mr. Gibbon,
>>>     another damned, fat, square book. Always, scribble, scribble,
>>>     scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being presented with
>>>     Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.) Blogging
>>>     at Bernal Alpha. On Twitter as @FredKiesche

>>> --
>>> Aaron Singleton

---