(urth) Severian of Gabala

Keith Sadler kthsdlr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:16:36 PST 2018

Hello all! This is my first post on this mailing list, and thus I apologize
in advance if I've made an error, or offered a silly question. I've been
following and reading through for a while.

Is there anything to be read into Severian sharing a name with Severian of
Gabala? I'm currently half through 'In Green's Jungles' in terms of the
Solar Cycle series and I've read through a number of his other books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severian_of_Gabala

One rather unhelpful friend suggested that Gene Wolfe was writing in a
pre-Google era and thus it might be coincidence? I think I can be fairly
certain that there is very little happenstance that Gene Wolfe offers in
his worlds.
--

Keith Sadler
about.me/keithsadler