(urth) Soldier of Sidon writeup

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:13:38 PDT 2018

It's actually in an interview with James Jordan here
http://mysite.verizon.net/~vze2tmhh/wolfejbj.html

*GW:* Not tremendously. It was just at the time I was planning a third book
and I wanted to get him into the Semitic world. [Moving from] the Hellenic
world that these two books were laid in very largely and to involve him
with the Phoenicians and the Jews and the Syrians and that part of the
world. When I originally conceived the series I wanted to do a tour of the
ancient world so to speak. And I had hoped in fact to get him into the new
world where there were the Mayan and the so on the various American Indian
civilizations. They really dislike the term Native American, Indians. I
realize Indians is not a very good term for them I don't think Native
Americans is a good term either. I wanted to do all those things and after
the second book David Hartwell, my editor, called me up and told me not to
write the third one. He now denies that by the way but he did.