(urth) WK; Arnthor's feast

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:31:09 PDT 2017

If you followed the other posts, I was getting at something else, of
course: Morcaine and Arnthor (and everyone, really) are collapsing into one
dream-like figure engaged in a pre-birth struggle, that between siblings
fighting for resources who will soon become one chimeric twin to be born
into America - "how far to the dream my mother had?" - simultaneously
vastly and impossibly distant while shockingly omnipresent. Of all Wolfe's
works, I think this and There Are Doors reduce to almost entirely internal
landscapes.