(urth) Good afternoon Urth

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:02:01 PST 2017

During the last year I've mostly been reading Andrea Camilleri - some years ago I'd read two books I've found at a fair in english, then last year on a trip to Italy I found a couple in the original and thought I'd give them a go - they're mostly written in sicilianised Italian and romance linguistics is one of my hobbies - and I couldn't stop before I'd read about twenty. Camilleri is quite successful and respected in Italy, he's in his nineties and keeps writing, and is the kind of communist I like (my political views are mostly coincident with Gene Wolfe's). Being successful and opinionated, he's also disliked by some, of course.

I've also read a bit of Aickman. I've had him in my list for a decade or so, but haven't yet gotten around to picking him up successfully. These days I'm averse to reading short stories, I don't know why.