(urth) Good afternoon Urth

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:44:54 PST 2017

Thanks ... I looked at Land Across again yesterday. The problem is
multifoliate - I am not entirely burnt out but I am waiting for the light
of stability to hit and solidify all the small details. The problem
involves when certain scenes in late wolfe should be taken metaphorically:
border guards say the factories make fertilizer, official instructs grafton
on how to get rid of the willows (which make him think of god and heaven)
and the bees (which make him think of hell) by putting plenty of fertilizer
down, planting fruit trees (symbols of a strong man who instills fear even
after his death in this story) ... how much of a metaphorical prophecy is
that? He avoids the sting of the bees by thinking of martya’s hips
sexually... seems metaphorical. Later he speculates on the actual use of
the factories making “fertilizer”

I feel an immense responsibility in getting these last few works right as
well, though the plan was to leave borrowed man a bit open ended (thousands
of pages of authoritarian tyranny followed by, well, I guess you guys can
read it how you want ... leave em smiling when you go. There’s nothing I
can do after I am done which will ever equal the importance of this. )