(urth) Any strong defenders/defenses of LAND ACROSS?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 17:20:02 PST 2015

On 12/24/2014 1:51 AM, David Duffy wrote:
> Sorry to be boring. The helpful man in black with his wolves partakes
> of lots of different mythologies, but specifically in Slavic folktales
> there is the Wolf-Shepherd, who is both Master of the Wolves and
> protector of cattle. He is identified with several saints (SS George,
> Martin...) and
> appears especially in the wolf holidays: Nov 1, 2, 11, and the twelve
> nights of Christmas ("wolf nights").  He summons and dismisses wolves
> around pasturing season, and is a healer...(from Supernatural beings
> from Slovenian myth and folktales By Monika Kropej).

If this is boring, please continue to be boring!

I initially thought the man with burning eyes might be the ghost of Vlad
the Impaler or something, because the small man associates Vlad with the
lake house, which is haunted by a man with burning eyes (p49-50). But
your interpretation better fits his behavior. That conversation also
touched on demons, fairies, cherubim, and bells.

The character who drives me crazy is the Leader, who appears to project
himself, eidolon-like, only where he is needed. Can werewolves do this?
Is he Zalmoxis?