(urth) Pirate Freedom: Is Chris Blackbeard?

Robert Pirkola rpirkola at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:13:54 PDT 2015

You are correct Dan'l.  Though it is more likely that if anyone is Blackbeard it is Chris's child rather than
Chris himself, it just seems to present too many insuperable problems.  Calico Jack, Mary Read and Anne Bonney
are also mentioned in the character list at the end, but I don't believe they are there to tell us that
Captain Burt, Novia, or Estrellita are those historical people.  Instead their respective biographies
enlighten us to the surprising authenticity of what might otherwise be thought to be entirely from
Wolfe's imagination.