(urth) "Sci-Fi’s Difficult Genius", Peter Bebergal

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Sun Apr 26 11:10:57 PDT 2015

On 4/26/2015 12:56 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Could well be. I might have guessed "Hebrew propaganda" but only out of
> cynicism, not out of any actual knowledge.

That's a part of it; the David and Goliath metaphor is built into our
culture and of course Goliath was champion of the Philistines. IIRC this
was also used to mean uncultured readers by a 19thC literary magazine,
but I can't locate the reference just now.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab