(urth) No Planets Strike question for those with religious backgrounds ...

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 04:58:23 PDT 2015

I am writing up a whole bunch of the short story ones now, and there is a
scene at the end of the rather allegorical (but obviously so) No Planets
Strike, which depicts the reign of the pagan world (The Beautiful Ones of
the planet Sidhe/The Fair Ones) as alien control of humanity, and pretty
much involves scenes directly from the bible and the life of Christ from
our narrator Donkey ... and there is a scene at the end where he talks
about folks going to the planet Barrmaser, though some pronounce it
Biladmaser.

These words are Somalian words, and "maser" is tissue.  If it stopped there
I would expect it to be mere coincidence, but in Somali Barr means
"important events" and Bilad means "sword" ... so we have three Somalian
words.

Does "tissue of Swords" or "Tissue of important events" mean anything to
anyone here with a knowledge of the Christian religion or the transition
from the pagan world to the Christian one?

I do not think the sound similarities to a Jewish concept such as a bar
mitzvah (where bar implies son) is necessarily the way to go with this,
since all three components are actual words in an existing language ...