(urth) Short Story 194*: The Vampire Kiss

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Thu Apr 23 09:23:08 PDT 2015

On 4/23/2015 7:49 AM, marcaramini wrote:
> I guess that would depend on whether Fagin saw a trial or heard of an
> arrest,  but, yes, "transported" is pretty ambiguous language.

"He has been taken now, poor Tommy has, and transported as we hear. His
tale has remained with me, however; thus I set it down."

All this requires is that Tommy does not return when expected. "as we
hear" is almost certainly meant to imply hearsay, so someone not
appearing in the story speaks of Tommy's transportation with conviction
to someone who relates it to Fagin.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab