(urth) "Latro"

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 22 09:48:22 PDT 2015

Huh! That suggests another dimension to "thief," since a thief takes
what he is not "entitled" to. But I wouldn't know where to go from
there, unless another god is involved. Thus, Marc's theory that Latro is
Ahura Mazda fits, because AM would be taking God's rightful worship.

I didn't know that meaning of "-dule," which I have always seen rendered
as "slave." Hierodules need not be slaves at all. In fact, if they are
analogous to saints, it might be debatable whether they are meant to
give reverence or receive it. Or both.