(urth) The Third Policeman and The Land Across

Auspex Rex auspexrex at icloud.com
Sun Sep 14 00:03:49 PDT 2014

I’d never heard of Flann O’Brien or The Third Policeman, but reading the synopsis on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Policeman) made me think again about The Land Across. Someone else pointed out the connection to The Third Man already: Grafton mentions Hotel Sacher. Lots of missing, presumed-dead, actually dead, ghost third persons… and TLA’s third border-guard who is sometimes invisible, sometimes not, and looks like the leader of the country, and also looks like Grafton’s father...

Anyone familiar with The Third Policeman and The Land Across have thoughts on how the former might help us interpret the latter?

-Jeff