(urth) You have the wrong creation you ninny - eschatology and genesis

Thomas Bitterman tom at bitterman.net
Wed Sep 10 17:08:46 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually, God never promises that the Earth will not again be flooded -
> only that He will not do it. And, in New Sun, God does not do it; the
> Yesodis and Severian do.

Gen 9:11 in the Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition has: "I establish
my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the
waters of a flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the
earth."  This flood neither killed everyone nor destroyed the earth, so it
would seem to be ok regardless of who was responsible.