(urth) 5HC

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Tue Sep 2 08:42:28 PDT 2014

On 01/09/2014 22:32, Marc Aramini wrote:
> One more quick point - when the barrier around ste Anne falls,
> Sandwalker asks his mother what color his eyes are "now". Of course
> she answers that eyes are green, but this , coupled with the strange
> mitotic imagery in the eyes of the creature Marsch shoots , and the
> pits known as the eye and the other eye,  is at least enough to hint
> that one character in an allegorical story is concerned that his eyes
> have actually changed color from something happening on Ste. Anne. (
> and the shadow children grabbing the marsh men by the eyes to ride

The piece about green eyes is a bit clunky; I interpret it simply as
Wolfe hammering home the point that green eyes are a characteristic by
which we may identify abos.  As for the water buffalo-like creature that
Marsch shoots, I find Marsch's explanation reasonable.  Incidentally,
the Shadow Children are indicated to grab the Marshmen by the hair,
a;though they do gouge out the eyes of one of them.

- Gerry Quinn