(urth) Theism Supports Free Will Better than Materialism Does

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Oct 15 21:54:22 PDT 2014

On 10/12/2014 7:25 AM, Lee wrote:
> The structure of Brook Madregot demonstrates that choices always pertain to moving forward to the
>
> future.  The path of your  past is fixed. Thus I would argue that the Increate, who can see all paths
>
> simultaneously, is denied the "freedom" of choice. He can't choose a left or right path on Brook
>
> Madregot. For Him,  everything just IS.

I think rather the Increate need not take a direction because He wills
the directions into being, and is already omnipresent along all the
directions thusly created.

However, Severian, Tzadkerbell, and the Green Man each turn to face into
the past, so they may make choices that branch into the past as that is
where their personal futures lie. Master Ash pointedly does not enjoy
this privilege, and vanishes when Severian tries to force it on him.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab