(urth) barrington interview

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:43:25 PDT 2014

There's an irony here: my understanding of tail chasing is that it
describes one being lost in self-absorbed subjectivity - the claim that we
can only know the self, falling into the Cartesian trap, assertion of the
self and complete inability to extend to the external physical world, is
the quintessential act of tail chasing.  The entire debate is moot.
Scientific types assert that we have accomplished much in understanding the
mechanism of the world even if we cannot manipulate it at the subatomic
level with reliability, unscientific types assert, hey man ... what do we
really know?  As it turns out, ridiculous, incredible amounts that can be
reliably replicated even with variable  conditions. Ultimately ... whatever.