(urth) Latro

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:46:37 PDT 2014

Anything manly or combative is under Latro's provenance, since he is
closely associated with Pleistorus and Ares. In the texts I think much
was made of "Latro" meaning simply something close to soldier ...
brigand might be simply something of a pejorative view of a free
company man of arms.

[ He doesn't have to fit every definition of the word, after all -
might be like trying to take "He lies in bed" as indicating someone
who prevaricates while supine.]