(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 07:45:46 PDT 2014

>Rick Norwood: Of course God has free will.

I disagree.

Free Will, like shame, doubt (Tree Of Knowledge),  procreation and death (Tree of Life)

is a purely human curse/blessing. We are who we from eating fruit from one tree but not

the other.

God, being perfect in all aspects does not have Choice, any more than He can experience Shame

Doubt or Death. (otoh, God's procreation.....now there's an interesting discussion topic...)

>There is a Psalm where God fights a dragon.

I think the connection between dragons and fallen angel/demons is made in BotNS.

Urth abounds with megatherians, Typhons, Mandragoras, giant snakes, eels, wyrms etc.

The role of dragons is drawn even more clearly in Wizard/Knight.

>and another Psalm where God sits in a pantheon of Gods, sort of like a primitive Justice

>League.

I think the early chapters of the Old Testament clearly acknowledge that God is only the

foremost among other gods. Hence the wording of the First Commandment.

>I trust you are all familiar with the South Park pantheon which, if memory serves, consists of

>Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, and Aquaman.

Heh. Perhaps it is organized like the U.N. Security Council, with permanent and rotating

members?