(urth) barrington interview

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 03:42:42 PDT 2014

In addition, this is reinforced in the idea behind the name Ash - the last
man of the Ragnarook future who is actually the first man in Norse
mythology, brought to life from a tree. According to Wolfe, Ash is derived
from Ask and Embla (his vine wife).  In this way the first and last man are
united in one symbol, a man who happens to be brought to life from a tree.
This tying together of beginning and endings is vital to many aspects of
the Urth cycle.