(urth) barrington interview

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:17:42 PDT 2014

Gene was an engineer.  AN ENGINEER.  Engineering is not a soft science.
Angles, physical properties, stress analyses, knowledge of quantifiable
variables, structural integrity which might not be universals but are
rigidly adhered to - just because Wolfe believes in God doesn't mean he
thinks a modern playdough cross section will support a tile roof on our
planet at room temperatures.

As far as your last statement, I have a feeling it is more likely he feels
God is outside the ability of man to circumscribe by any rational or
irrational means and cannot be limited by language (the tale of the cock
and the angel, for example.