(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:03:43 PDT 2014

>Rick Norwood: I will point out that your mode of debate (the suggestion

>that I don’t accept your assertion not because I disagree with it but because

>I find it “disturbing”) is, as Mr Spock would say, “Highly illogical.”

Apologies. I didn't mean to imply any particular person in this discussion is

speaking entirely from emotional motivation.

>This isn’t the place for this debate, since I have no doubt that Gene Wolfe accepts the

>fact that math is universal.

I disagree. I find ample evidence to the contrary in his literary work and to some degree

his interviews. But that's just my opinion.

Still, perhaps we can agree that Gene Wolfe believes in God? If so and if Gene Wolfe believes

in the universality of math, wouldn't that mean the Gene Wolfe believes God can be

described by a mathematical equation?