(urth) I, even I, would celebrate, in rhymes inept the great...

Norwood, Frederick Hudson NORWOODR at mail.etsu.edu
Fri Oct 17 09:04:33 PDT 2014

Good one, Lee.

Rick Norwood

-----Original Message-----
From: Urth [mailto:urth-bounces at lists.urth.net] On Behalf Of Lee
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 11:26 AM
To: urth at urth.net
Subject: (urth) I, even I, would celebrate, in rhymes inept the great...

>Marc Aramini: These are linguistic truths built into the definitions themselves ...

>Antonio Marques: Even merely human communication and language are not chained

>to what logic is able to dream of.

I am thinking of the Biblical passage in which "a cherubim" is set to guard the Garden of

Eden. An illogical linguistic construction, where a singular article is paired with a plural

noun, is used to describe an angelic being which does not fit into a logical framework of

human comprehension yet still, apparently, is assumed to exist.