(urth) I, even I, would celebrate, in rhymes inept the great...

Norwood, Frederick Hudson NORWOODR at mail.etsu.edu
Thu Oct 16 05:07:32 PDT 2014

Jeffery Wilson:  I do say A is A.  That's called the reflexive property of equality.  And, yes, I've read the Lewis Carroll bit.  Even wrote a poem about it.

Said the mathematician Kurt Godel,
There are obstacles we'll never hurdle,
There's a theorem that's true
But no proof can you do,
'Till Achilles outraces the turtle.

Modern mathematics has dealt with the paradox.  See, for example, Logic for Mathematicians by Hamilton.

Brendon Fuhs:  Sure, you can say any consequence of a true statement is false, but I think you've just changed the meaning of the word "true", not invented a new logic.

Rick Norwood